Skinny Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
- 6 medium Idaho or Russet potatoes
- cooking spray
For the chicken:
- 12 oz boneless skinless chicken breast (or tenderloins)
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 16 oz fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce or buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank's)
For the toppings:
- 12 tbsp reduced fat shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 1 large celery stalks, cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 1/4 cup Skinny Blue Cheese Dressing (see below for recipe)
- In a crock pot, combine chicken, onions, celery stalk, garlic and broth (enough to cover your chicken, use water if the can of broth isn't enough). Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from pot, reserve 1/2 cup broth and discard the rest (or save for other recipes). Shred the chicken with two forks, return to the slow cooker with the 1/2 cup of the broth and the hot sauce; Cook on HIGH for an additional 30 minutes. Makes 1 1/2 cups chicken.
- Meanwhile, pierce potato with a fork a few times all around. Place in microwave and cook on high about 5 minutes per potato; set aside to cool. Cut potatoes in half horizontally. Scoop out potatoes (I save the extra potato to make skinny garlic mashed potatoes the next day) leaving about 1/4 inch thick wall, skins will weigh about 1 oz each.
- Heat oven to 450°. Lightly spray potato skins on both sides with oil and place a foil lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add 2 tablespoons of chicken meat filling into each potato skin, top with 1 tbsp shredded cheese and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top each with 1 tsp blue cheese dressing, shredded carrots and celery and start eating!
Skinny Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 oz fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, mash blue cheese and yogurt together with a fork. Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, and garlic powder until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Makes 1 cup.