These pumpkin bites are perfect for the upcoming cooler weather! These are still a dessert, for sure, but they do not use refined sugar, white flour, or gluten. They are vegan and are automatically portion controlled because they are in individual muffin cups rather than a large pie. The original recipe is from Autumn Calabrese, creator of the 21 Day Fix. These do not fit nicely into those color coded containers, though. They are a treat and should be treated as such!
I find that when I have healthier dessert options, such as these Pumpkin Bites, I do better throughout the day. I can’t completely deprive myself of any food groups- that’s just not how I roll! If I try to do any extreme diets or eliminate food groups, it ends up backfiring in a big way! I lost 40 pounds while practicing balance and still enjoying sweet treats every now and again. The 21 Day Fix has been a game changer for me and so many of my challengers. If you would like more information on our next challenge group, email me at email@example.com.
- 1 can pumpkin or 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
(Makes approx 12 standard muffin sized bites)
- Combine all the pumpkin bite ingredients in a food processor, and blend until smooth. (You may need to scrape down the sides a few times.)
- Spoon the mixture into lined muffin pans. *Option to use silicone liners to lessen chance of bites sticking to paper.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let these cool completely before removing from the muffin liners. Since they are soft like pumpkin pie, I highly recommend putting these in the fridge after baking so they can firm up a bit.
- (For the whipped topping) Opencan of coconut milk that has been in the fridge overnight. Scoop the fatty white part off and place in a mixing bowl with the vanilla and maple syrup. Use the whipping attachment and whip the coconut into a cream.
6.Scoop a little on top of each muffin and option to garnish with pumpkin pie spice!
MUST keep these stored in the fridge.
I highly recommend making the whip topping right before eating for optimal results in taste and texture.