Pizza in a quesadilla? Why didn’t I think of this sooner? It’s pure genius AND delicious! These Pizza Quesadillas are so customizable, you can really do whatever you’d like with them. Cole is a big fan of pizza (mostly cheese and pepperoni) so these will be a huge hit for lunch!
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
- A few slices of turkey pepperoni
- 1 small jar of pizza sauce
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and fry the pepperoni until crisp. Transfer on a paper towel to drain.
- Brush each tortilla with a thin layer of pizza sauce (so thin that if you turned it over, none would drip).
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the sauce on the bottom tortilla. Top with pepperoni and other toppings, if desired. Sprinkle with another layer of cheese and place the other tortilla on top (sauce side in).
- Pre-heat a medium cast-iron skilled over medium heat.
- Lay quesadilla in the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and tortillas are crispy.
- Slice into quarters and serve with a little bowl of pizza dipping sauce.
Recipe adapted from here.