I’m always looking for ways to make things healthier, and a lot of times, the solution is to make it at home with quality ingredients. We love to make quesadillas at home, so these homemade whole wheat tortillas are perfect (and cheaper) for us! These can be used for SO many things! One of the most popular uses would be a breakfast tortilla.
These call for a mix of whole wheat flour and all purpose flour, but feel free to use all whole wheat if that is what is important to you. These would do well in the fridge for up to a week, and in the freezer for up to 3 months. Make a huge batch ahead of time so you can use them when you need them!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- Mix together flours and salt.
- Add water, and oil. Mix together first with a spoon, then with your hands.
- Once your dough is easy to handle, divide into 8 balls.
- Roll out as flat as possible.
- Cook each rolled out dough on a hot griddle, browning both sides slightly.
Original recipe and all photos found HERE.