Are you hosting a Super Bowl Party at your home? Or maybe you are heading to a friend’s house? Offset some of those other high-calorie snacks with these Cauliflower Buffalo Bites. They certainly aren’t the real deal, but they are a really great alternative for those of you who are trying to live a healthier lifestyle. I think you’ll be surprised- these are actually REALLY good!
If you are vegan, feel free to replace the butter with a butter substitute! The original author of this recipe (see link below) stresses the importance of letting these sit and cool for at least 20 minutes before diving in.
- 1 head cauliflower; chopped into bite size pieces
- ½ cup brown rice flour (or any other flour if you aren’t gluten-free)
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of granulated garlic powder
- Non-stick spray
- 1 tsp. butter, melted
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a small bowl, combine brown rice flour, water, garlic powder and salt. Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Dip cauliflower pieces in the batter until coated evenly, then place on a lightly greased, non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the batter hardens, then flip with a spatula and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Whisk together Frank’s Red Hot sauce and butter in a small bowl.
- When the cauliflower is finished, take a plastic pastry brush and evenly brush each piece with the hot sauce mixture.
- Bake coated cauliflower for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until cauliflower is crispy, and sauce looks absorbed.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cauliflower bites set out for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from HERE.