One pan! ONE! I’m pretty sure I just made all of your dreams come true. If you ever feel overwhelmed at the thought of cooking healthy meals for your family, here is your solution. Not only is the prep and cooking quick and easy, but the clean-up is as well.
One of the main ingredients in this dish is Quinoa. Do you know all of the benefits of this super grain? There are SO many, but just to name a few: it is full of fiber and protein, contains all essential amino acids, is gluten free, and it is high in nutrients (especially magnesium). Okay, I’ll stop talking now so you can go prepare this One Pan Mexican Quinoa for dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapenos, minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Original Recipe Found HERE.
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to my posts so you never miss a thing!
PIN, SHARE, and TWEET using the buttons below!