Is there anybody in this world who does not like Pizza? If so, I’d like to meet you because that is just crazy. We all know the truth about pizza. It is full of fat and calories and is not at all figure friendly. Pizza is a fantastic treat meal, but really doesn’t have a place in the weekly dinners if you are serious about your health. That is all about to change!
This Cauliflower Crust Pizza eliminates the excessive carbs and fat from the traditional pizza dough. Now, you should know that I am not anti-carb! Carbs are good for you, in moderation of course. Pizza crust is not moderation, ya’ll! You can still enjoy pizza without ruining your hard work, and this is how. You’re not even going to be able to tell the difference.
Comment below and tell me what your favorite pizza toppings are!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Italian season
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3-1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
- additional toppings of choice
- Rice the cauliflower by pulsing it in a food processor until resembles rice. Make sure you don’t blend it too much or it will become mushy. If you don’t have a food processor you can grate the cauliflower with a cheese grater.
- Put the diced cauliflower in a skillet or pot with a cover and add 3 tbsp water. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove pan from heat and put cauliflower over a sieve lined with a thin dish cloth or cheese cloth. Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- When the cauliflower is cool enough to handle pick up the four corners of the cloth and squeeze as much excess moisture as you can out of the cauliflower.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Put the cauliflower in a food processor or bowl and mix with remaining ingredients.
- On a cooking sheet or pizza stone form the cauliflower mixture into a pizza crust shape.
- Put crust in the oven at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Then turn the oven to 400 degrees and cook for about 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- Putt tomato sauce and cheese and any other toppings on top of the crust. Cook at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown and bubble.
Original Recipe Found HERE.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my posts so you never miss any delicious recipes!