When I came across this recipe, I thought of all of you mamas out there! We are busy, tired, and did I mention tired? We don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen creating elaborate healthy meals. This Avocado Chicken Wrap would be a great lunch OR dinner! You can make it the night before and put it in your husband’s lunch. You can make them during your child’s nap and not have to worry about dinner. Whatever makes your life easier!
When choosing a tortilla, look for a whole wheat one that has a small list of ingredients. I prefer to use shredded chicken, and my favorite recipe for that is here. Avocado tends to brown after a day or two, so I wouldn’t make these more than a day in advance.
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and cubed (or shredded)
- 2 avocados, cut and cubed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Cut and cube avocado.
- Add to a large bowl with cubed or shredded chicken.
- Mix in seasonings, mayo and greek yogurt.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
- Spoon mix into middle of tortilla.
- Fold top and bottom into middle. Then overlap sides (like a burrito). Enjoy!
Original Recipe found HERE.