If you have kids, you know that these Freezer Pizza Bites are GOLD. Kids love pizza (who doesn’t?), and if you can give them a healthy alternative that they love, it’s a win-win for everybody. These are very similar to what you can buy in the freezer section of your grocery store, but without all of the preservatives and extra fat.
Here is the recipe, originally posted at Super Healthy Kids. While you are there, check out their other kid-friendly, healthy recipes. It’s one of my favorite sites!
- 1 recipe whole wheat pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Favorite veggie toppings: pineapple, green bell peppers, mushrooms, black olives, mini pepperoni, onion
- Let the dough rise until double in size.
- Roll out very thin – about 1/4″ thick.
- Use the circle part on the back of the press to cut out circles.
- Stretch the circle on top of the press.
- Use about 1 tsp of pizza sauce on the small circle.
- Fill with your favorite toppings
- Press the dough and place on a pizza stone or baking sheet. If you use a baking sheet, spray with cooking spray or a bit of oil first.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-11 minutes or until golden.
To Freeze: Cool completely, and place in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
To Reheat: Remove desired number of pizza bites from the freezer and warm them individually in the microwave for about two minutes or until heated through. To bake, place on a baking sheet in a 350-degree F oven for 20 minutes, or until heated through.
24 Pizza Bites